Hotel24 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 05.05.2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and other contact information including email address, mobile phone, home address, telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, country of residence
- IP address, browser, operating system
- mobile device specific data (if applicable)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with the booking service, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To complete and manage your online reservation and provide your reservation details to the company you have booked.
- To administer your account, store your Favorites lists.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to invite you to make a guest review regarding the services you have received or for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
How we use social media
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use SSL encryption protocol throughout our website, so we protect your account information such as username and password and other.
We do not collect or store any information about your credit cards. When you pay for services on our website you are forwarded to authorized and secure credit cards processing systems, such as Paypal.
The amount placed and stored on your balance (your wallet) is secured by the password that you use, so please do not disclose it to another person (We require the password to be minimum 8 symbols and contain minimum 2 integers).
Will we share your data with third parties?
There are some cases when we may share your personal data with third parties
- We share your data to the company that you book through our website.
- We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities as it is required by law or is required for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
- Our authorized staff may use your information for contacting you for the purpose of user support or promotion of our products.
How does guest reviews work and who will see my review?
You can leave a review only for a property that was booked or rented by you. This can be done right after your booking period is over. Review are optional, you can choose not to submit one. After you submit a review it needs to be approved by our website administrator. After that it becomes public to all visitors of the website. By submitting a review you agree that we will display it publicly and may use it for promoting properties using social media or other advertising channels. To ensure that visitors submit adequate reviews we use voting (Agree and Disagree) for a review, so there may be visitors who disagree with your review. We leave a right to delete or slightly modify your review if we find it inappropriate.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's browser or on your mobile device. It helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences (i.e. language, currency). We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Who can use Hotel24?
Our website may be used by any person older than 18 years old.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may modify your personal information using Account Editing and Booking Profile Editing at any time.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
This policy is effective from 05.05.2015.